Brighter Futures Counseling response to Pandemic Concerns
We understand that everyone is taking precautions due to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic. Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is currently still open and seeing clients as scheduled. We are taking additional precautions to limit the spread of germs as much as possible and are including here some precautions we ask our clients to take.
We also understand if clients wish to cancel appointments during this time. There will be no penalty or charge for doing so. We do appreciate as much notice as possible. Obviously, while we can take extra precautions and do our best to limit the spread of germs, we cannot eliminate all risk or guarantee anyone’s safety. If you are at increased risk due to age or underlying health conditions that may weaken your immune system, you should cancel appointments or talk to your provider about making alternate arrangements.
Brighter Futures Counseling has taken the following steps to minimize the spread of germs:
- removed all toys from the waiting room
- removed the coffee and water station from the waiting room
- placed hand sanitizer in the lobby for client use for as long as our supply lasts
- changed the current sign in procedure—your provider will come to the lobby at your appointment time to get the client for the session
- limiting the use of our public restroom
- requiring all clients use hand sanitizer session
- Therapists has removed most toys/therapy items from their office to limit surfaces that can spread germs. This also enables the therapists to clean all surfaces the client used before the next client comes to session.
- wiping down all frequently used surfaces regularly throughout the day
- asking our non-essential staff to stay at home
- employing a cleaning person who will provide a deep clean to the building weekly
- closing our art room and sand therapy room
- looking into telehealth options, but we are not able to offer telehealth services at this time
We ask that our clients take these precautions:
- Please wait for your appointment time in your car to limit contact in our lobby
- Please only send in those necessary for the
- If you can email current concerns to your provider, this is preferred to coming in and relaying those concerns in person
- If possible, use the restroom before coming to an appointment or after arriving back home.
- If you or anyone in your family is experiencing a cough, fever, or other illness that is potentially contagious, we ask that you call the office and cancel your appointment.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we make
these changes and future changes if necessary.
We appreciate your understating during this time as appointment times
may be slightly off due to our cleaning toys and therapy supplies between