Individual therapy is therapy provided with just the client–it’s private time between you and the therapist. During individual therapy, you and your therapist work to facilitate change and improve your quality of life. Individual therapy can help people confront barriers that interfere with emotional and mental well-being, and it can also increase positive feelings such as compassion, self esteem, love, courage, and peace. Issues often addressed in Individual Therapy include:
- Other Mood Concerns including Bipolar concerns
- Obsessive and Compulsive Concerns (OCD)
- Attention Deficit and/or Hyperactivity Concerns (ADHD)
- Self Esteem and Self Confidence Concerns
- Overwhelming Stress/Stress Management
- Anger Problems
- Phobias, Panic Attacks, and/or Panic Disorders
- Grief and Loss
- Adjustments to Life Changes (Divorce/Separation, Relocation/Move, Job Change, etc…)
- Trauma Concerns–trauma may include: Rape or sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect, witnessing or surviving domestic violence, involvement in a car accident, witnessing or involvement in a violent crime, involvement in a natural or man-made disaster, possibly even experiencing an attack by an animal such as a dog.
- Relationship Concerns
- Parenting and/or Caregiver Stress
Individual therapy can be scheduled as often as necessary for each individual. Some clients are seen weekly, while others bi-weekly, and still others once per month. Each session also varies based on the needs of the client–sessions can be 30 minutes in length, 45 minutes in length, or 60 minutes in length. Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC strives to build services for each client around what that client needs and wants.