Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC offers training opportunities for professionals in the counseling field as well as other professionals who work with children and families. Training may be provided by Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC employees or by guest speakers that have been hand-picked to specifically speak on requested topics. Please review our available trainings below and don’t hesitate to email our office with additional questions or requests!
· September 20th and 21st 2019
· Speaker: Paris Goodyear-Brown, LCSW, RPT-S
Presenter Bio: Paris Goodyear-Brown, LCSW, RPT-S, has over 24 years of experience in working with traumatized children and their families. She is the Clinical Director of Nurture House, a child and family treatment center in Franklin, TN, and the creator of TraumaPlay℠, a flexibly sequential play therapy model for treating trauma and attachment disturbances. She is a sought after speaker and trains clinicians, parents, and teachers around the globe. She is an Adjunct Instructor of Psychiatric Mental Health at Vanderbilt University, guest lecturer for several universities in middle Tennessee, and provides play therapy and licensure supervision and consults with various school districts, agencies and mental health organizations to help develop play therapy programs and create more developmentally sensitive, trauma-informed classrooms and clinics. She has served as the Executive Director of the Lipscomb Play Therapy and Expressive Arts Center, has received the APT award for Play Therapy Promotion and Education, and recently gave a TedTalk on Trauma and Play Therapy. She is the author of multiple books, chapters and articles related to child therapy, including the Handbook of Child Sexual Abuse, Play Therapy with Traumatized Children, Tackling Touchy Subjects, A Safe Circle for Little U, and Penelope the Peacock.
Play therapists must be able to explain our clinical choices all along the continuum of care when working with traumatized children and families. TraumaPlay℠ translates evidence informed trauma treatment with children into a sequence of play-based component modules that celebrate the intersection of the neurobiology of play and the neurobiology of trauma, while honoring current evidence-based approaches in the field of trauma. Each component represents an important dimension of play therapy for trauma treatment and articulates both a specific treatment goal and accompanying interventions. The child’s metaphorical use of the playroom is demonstrated through a multitude of case examples and augmented with a variety of prop-based play therapy interventions. This flexible, phase-based model differentiates between goals of trauma treatment that are best accomplished through non-directive play therapy methods and goals that are best served by including attachment focused play therapy approaches that include Parents as Partners, cognitive-behavioral play therapy interventions, sandtray methods and other expressive therapy techniques. Come learn the overarching trajectory for trauma treatment as well as a multitude of practical clinical tools that can be immediately integrated into your practice.
**This two day training is part of the credentialing process to become a TraumaPlay℠ certified provider**
- Dates: September 20th and 21st, 2019
- Location: *Please note there has been a change in location, the new location is Pritchard Community Center, 404 S Mulberry Street, Elizabethtown, KY 42701
- Cost: $250.00 or $200.00 for Students
- Lunch Options: We will have a buffet style lunch each day. Lunch is available for purchase at registration.
- Cancellation Policy: https://brighterfuturescounseling.org/cancellation-policy/
- Continuing Education: 12 Direct Play Therapy Contact Hours available through APT (Provider #: 18-559); Approved for 12 Continuing Education hours in Kentucky for Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapist, Psychologist, Art Therapist, EILA, FRYSC, and Social Workers. NBCC has approved this training for 12 CE hours.