July 20, 2023, OR November 9, 2023
C.J. Quick, LPCC-S, LMFT, RPT-S holds a Masters of Arts in Education with emphasis in Professional Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy. She has practiced as a mental health therapist for over 14 years and currently owns a private practice in Elizabethtown, Kentucky that specializes in working with Children and Families. Ms. Quick is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor-Supervisor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor. She specializes in working with children who have experienced trauma, children who have attachment concerns, and with families. She has worked with at risk children including over two years full time experience at a Children’s Crisis Unit working with children as risk of harming themselves or others. She works closely with community partner including court systems, doctors, and schools to ensure a systemic approaching to helping families and coordinating care. She utilizes Play therapy in her work with children, families, and community partners.
Ms. Quick presents locally and throughout the state on a multitude of child mental health topics including but not limited to: Early Childhood Mental Health, the effects of Trauma on Brain Development, and Trauma Informed Education. She also provides Kentucky board approved trainings for mental health professionals on Understanding and Treating Suicide, Domestic Violence, and Laws and Ethics as they apply to Professional Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists.
Join us for a day of play while learning about the power of Play Therapy. Attendees will engage in a day of expressive play while learning the foundational principals of play therapy. We will discuss the importance of the relationship in play therapy as well as the importance of being present. Different approaches and theories of play therapy will be discussed including seminal theories to play therapy. Both directive and non-directive techniques will be practiced as attendees do their own expressive play work throughout the day. We will discuss the use of play therapy with individuals, families, and groups as well as with children, adolescents, and adults.
- Date: 07/20/23 OR 11/09/23
- Location: In-Person
- July: Elizabethtown Tourism Bureau 1030 N. Mulberry St, Elizabethtown, KY 42701)
- November: In Elizabethtown but address TBD
- Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST (6 Contact Hours)
- Cost: $115.00
- Cancellation Policy can be viewed here.
- Continuing Education:
- APT Approved Provider # 20-599
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7035. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is an approved continuing education sponsor by the Kentucky Board of Marriage and Family Therapy (Approved 02/17/2022)