November 10, 2023
C.J. Quick, LPCC-S, LMFT, RPT-S holds a Masters of Arts in Education with emphasis in Professional Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy. She has practiced as a mental health therapist for over 14 years and currently owns a private practice in Elizabethtown, Kentucky that specializes in working with Children and Families. Ms. Quick is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor-Supervisor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor. She specializes in working with children who have experienced trauma, children who have attachment concerns, and with families. She has worked with at risk children including over two years full time experience at a Children’s Crisis Unit working with children as risk of harming themselves or others. She works closely with community partner including court systems, doctors, and schools to ensure a systemic approaching to helping families and coordinating care. She utilizes Play therapy in her work with children, families, and community partners.
Ms. Quick presents locally and throughout the state on a multitude of child mental health topics including but not limited to: Early Childhood Mental Health, the effects of Trauma on Brain Development, and Trauma Informed Education. She also provides Kentucky board approved trainings for mental health professionals on Understanding and Treating Suicide, Domestic Violence, and Laws and Ethics as they apply to Professional Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists.
Come engage in sand work while learning about utilizing Sand Therapy in Play Therapy. We will discuss the foundations of Sand Therapy as well as the integration of sand therapy in play therapy practice. Participants will have the opportunity to build their own trays while learning ways to work with individuals, families, and groups using sand trays. Utilizing sand therapy with children, adolescents, and adults will be reviewed as well as using both directive and non-directive techniques. Spend a day working in the sand as you learn ways to integrate sand therapy into your practice and where to look to learn more.
- describe the use of directive approaches in Sand Therapy
- describe the use of non-directive approaches in Sand Therapy
- demonstrate comfort with integrating sand therapy into play therapy practice.
- Identify materials needed to set up a sand therapy space
- discuss ways to engage clients and families in sand therapy within a play therapy practice
- demonstrate competency in understanding client work in the sand tray
- Date: 11/10/23
- Location: In-Person
- Central KY Community Foundation (Home of Philanthropy)– 200 Jim Owen Dr, Elizabethtown, KY 42701
- Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST (6 Contact Hours)
- Cost: $115.00
- Cancellation Policy can be viewed here.
- Continuing Education
- APT Approved Provider 20-599
- Brighter Futures Counseling is an approved sponsor with The Kentucky Board of Social Work (Approval number KBSWSP 202306)
- Brighter Futures Counseling is an approved sponsor with The Kentucky Board of Licensure for Marriage and Family Therapists (Approved 02/17/2022)
- This training has been approved by the Kentucky Board of Examiners of Psychology (#72023P)
- This training has been approved by the Kentucky Board of Licensed Professional Counselors (Approved on 07/27/2023)