TraumaPlay Training with Paris Goodyear-Brown
You’re Registered for the TraumaPlay Training with Paris Goodyear-Brown in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. Please read on for important details about the training. Don’t hesitate to email with any questions or concerns! We’re excited to have you join us!
SIGN IN AND OUT: The registration process on site will be completely electronic. You will receive an email to the email adress you provided at registration that will provide an individualized QR code that will help speed up the sign in process on day one of the training. It is very important that we have your CORRECT email address for this process and for you to receive your continuing education credit. If this is NOT the email address of the attendee, please email C.J. Quick (email@example.com) at Brighter Futures Counseling with the correct address.
LOCATION CHANGE: The location on the flyer and the confirmation emails is WRONG. We have moved to a new location that we believe will be more conducive to a large group. We will now be at: Pritchard Community Center at 404 South Mulberry Street Elizabethtown, KY. There is an absolutely beautiful Arboretum & Botanical Garden on site. If you’d like to bring a blanket and take your lunch outside for a picnic, you’re welcome to do so!
DATE AND TIMES: Friday September 20th, 2019 and Saturday September 21st, 2019. The training will run from 8:30 AM EST until 4:00 PM EST both days. Lunch will be 1 hour long. Please arrive between 7:30 AM EST and 8:15 AM EST to sign-in both days.
SUPPLIES: Please bring 10-15 miniatures that you would be willing to share with those at your table. The ones you bring will return home with you. All other supplies will be provided.
PARKING: There is plenty of parking on site at the location.
CLIMATE: We will be in a large “gym-type” room with a sky-light and windows. It may be impossible to get the room at a temperature that everyone is happy with—especially not having used this venue before. Please dress comfortably and in layers.
BREAKFAST AND SNACKS: Breakfast and Snacks will be provided daily and are FREE! Please enjoy! There will also be water and lemonade available daily.
LUNCH: You are able to purchase a lunch onsite for $10.00 per day. The majority of people have done this when registering. If you did not do so, but would still like this option you can purchase lunch at morning sign-in. We have Vegan and Gluten-free options available for those who indicated such on their registration. There is a refrigerator available should anyone want to bring their lunch. Additionally, there are plenty of restaurants locally if you prefer to go out to have your lunch.
RAFFLE: We will be offering raffle tickets throughout the training at $2.00 per ticket of $5.00 for 3. We will have a $25.00 gift from each vendor as raffle prizes as well as 6 Play Therapy Themed Baskets of goodies! There are over 16 chances to win!
Below are the vendors we are welcoming this year! Learn a little more about each by checking out the information below and their webpages. Enjoy Shopping!
The Self Esteem Shop
- The Self Esteem Shop sells Books, sensory items, learning materials and more for all ages from potty training and body changes for children, self help books, substance abuse and recovery support, parenting books and resources through specialized materials for counselors, therapists, teachers, mental health and other professionals.
- Self Esteem Shop is an independent bookstore that caters to mental health professionals and those they serve. While physically located in Casco, Michigan, our staff travels across the continental United States to attend conferences in the mental health field. We are a small business and pride ourselves on the customer service provided by our knowledgeable staff.*
- Since January 2019, our staff is now led by sisters Nicole Wilbur MSW, LMSW Clinical and Macro, SSW and Kathryn Thomas whom strive to continue to provide the same great books, games, tools and other resources and materials that we have all come to expect from the Self Esteem Shop!
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/selfesteemshop
Learning Express Toys of Louisville
- We will be selling Fidgets, sensory items, and a Diverse selection of toys to use for therapy sessions.
- We will be accepting cash and card (Square app)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/learningexpresslouisville
Twice Upon a Toy
- Twice Upon A Toy sells used toys, books, puppets, games, etc for use in expressive therapies. Our mission is to make play and expressive therapies more affordable so that more children and families can be served. Most of our figures are only $1!
- We will be doing a special promotion in Kentucky with free gifts for people paying cash for amounts over $20.
- Visit us at our website www.twiceuponatoy.com and find us on Facebook for special previews.
- We accept cash, credit, and debit payments.
Playfully Connected Games with Stef Steffers
- Playfully Connected Games will be selling therapeutic games for kids and teens that address: abuse/trauma, divorce, body image issues, separation anxiety, and parent/child separation due to immigration issues. Sandtray miniatures will also be available.
- Only accepting credit/debit cards.
- All items at conference will be offered at a discounted rate for the conference.
Kennedy’s Sandtray Minis
- Kennedy’s Minis sells Sandtray Miniatures
- We accept checks, cash, credit, and debit payments.
Beth Richey’s Creative Counseling Interventions
- Creative Counseling interventions will be selling the following Beth Richey Counseling games: Trauma Reaction Cards, Me Magnets, Family Feelings, & Brain Mates. We will also be selling one of a kind hand made minis.
$5.00 Ginger Jewels with Chelsea Green
- We sell: $5 lead and nickel free jewelry! We even have some gorgeous kids items for $1
- We accept all major credit/debit cards and cash!
- Buy 12 pieces and get 1 free!
- Conference special: Buy 20 pieces (excludes kids items) and it will be TAX FREE!
- If you like the business page and share it to your wall before the conference (by September 19th at 11:59pm) you will be entered into a drawing for a free piece of jewelry!!