May 12, 2023
Tracy Turner-Bumberry, LPC, RPT-S, CAS Tracy is a Licensed Professional Counselor, a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, an Animal Assisted Play Therapist and a Certified Autism Specialist. She maintained a thriving private practice in Missouri from 2009-2019, then started a new private practice in 2019 upon moving to Milledgeville, Georgia.
Before private practice, Tracy was an elementary school counselor, focusing specifically on emotion regulation with students. She conducts play therapy workshops nationwide specializing in AutPlay® Therapy, Mindfulness in Play Therapy, Nature Play Therapy and Play Therapy with Emotion Regulation. In addition, she is a published author having written several books pertaining to play therapy including “2, 4, 6, 8 This is How We Regulate: 75 Play Therapy Activities to Increase Mindfulness in Children” (2018) and “Finding Meaning with Mandalas: A Therapist’s Guide to Creating Mandalas with Children” (2015). Tracy also co-authored “AutPlay® Therapy and Social Skills Groups” with Robert Jason Grant (2020).
Mandalas are ancient works of art created in various traditions for enlightening, awakening and deep relaxation. This training will explore the history of mandalas, explain the benefits of creating mandalas, and provide play-based mandala activities to develop in Play Therapy sessions.
- Date: Friday May 12th, 2023
- Location: In-Person (Elizabethtown Tourism Bureau 1030 N. Mulberry St, Elizabethtown, KY 42701)
- Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST (6 Contact Hours)
- Cost: $135.00 (Pair with Thursday May 11th–2-4-6-8 This is How We Regulate: Play Therapy for Dysregulated Clients for $250 for both)
- Cancellation Policy can be viewed here.
- Continuing Education:
- APT Approved Provider # 20-599
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7035. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is an approved continuing education sponsor by the Kentucky Board of Marriage and Family Therapy (Approved 02/17/2022)