June 16, 2023
C.J. Quick, LPCC-S, LMFT, RPT-S holds a Masters of Arts in Education with emphasis in Professional Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy. She has practiced as a mental health therapist for over 14 years and currently owns a private practice in Elizabethtown, Kentucky that specializes in working with Children and Families. Ms. Quick is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor-Supervisor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor. She specializes in working with children who have experienced trauma, children who have attachment concerns, and with families. She has worked with at risk children including over two years full time experience at a Children’s Crisis Unit working with children as risk of harming themselves or others. She works closely with community partners including court systems, doctors, and schools to ensure a systemic approaching to helping families and coordinating care. She utilizes Play therapy in her work with children, families, and community partners.
Ms. Quick presents locally and throughout the state on a multitude of child mental health topics including but not limited to: Play Therapy, Early Childhood Mental Health, the effects of Trauma on Brain Development, and Trauma Informed Education. She also provides Kentucky board approved trainings for mental health professionals on Understanding and Treating Suicide, Domestic Violence, and Laws and Ethics as they apply to Professional Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists.
Join us for a day of play and expressive therapies while we discuss how to engage families in play therapy. We will discuss and practice interventions for working with families in a play therapy setting. Participants will review utilizing play in the assessment and treatment processes as well as working with resistant families. Participants will have the opportunity to practice different interventions as well how to engage in directive and non-directive ways. Different models of working with families in play therapy will be discussed including Filial Therapy, Child Parent Relational Therapy, and other systemic approaches.
- Date: 06/16/2023
- Location: In-Person (Elizabethtown Tourism Bureau and Convention Center; 1030 North Mulberry Street, Elizabethtown, KY 42701)
- Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST (6 Contact Hours)
- Cost: $125.00
- Cancellation Policy can be viewed here.
- Continuing Education:
- APT Approved Provider # 20-599
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7035. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is an approved continuing education sponsor by the Kentucky Board of Marriage and Family Therapy (Approved 02/17/2022)