2024 Dates to Be Announced Soon
Sarah Reynolds, LCSW holds a Master of Social Work. She has practiced as a mental health therapist for over 12 years. Ms. Reynolds is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Prior to her clinical experience, Ms. Reynolds worked for the Cabinet for Health and Family Services investigating child abuse and neglect as well as assisting families working towards reunification. She specializes in working with children who have experienced trauma, children who have attachment concerns, and with families. Ms. Reynolds has experience working with at risk children including providing therapeutic services within a Children’s Treatment and Rehabilitation Program. She has continued to work closely with community partners and schools to assess at risk children and adolescents and help coordinate care. Ms. Reynolds is also an autonomously licensed Batterer’s Intervention Provider who has worked extensively with perpetrators and victims of Domestic Violence as well as children who have been exposed to violence.
Ms. Reynolds provides Kentucky board approved trainings for mental health professionals on Understanding and Treating Suicide, Domestic Violence, Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma, and Laws and Ethics as they apply to Social Workers in Kentucky.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy is a well-known and evidenced based treatment approach for many mental health conditions. This training will include information on the basic tenets of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy in clinic practice. A focus on the skills training modules will include concepts and activities around mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, distress tolerance, and emotion regulation. Participants will learn DBT interventions from each module to utilize with their outpatient clients. Break out groups may be utilized to allow for participant practice of skills.
- Identify the tenets of dialectical behavioral therapy as a treatment program.
- Explore history and practical uses of dialectical behavioral therapy.
- Describe four main skill components of DBT- Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Distress Tolerance, and Emotion Regulation.
- Explore and Identify ways to utilize skill intervention with patients in an outpatient clinical setting.
- Date: 2024 Dates to be Announced Soon
- Location: Zoom
- Time: The training will run from 9:00 AM EST until 12:00 PM EST (both days are required).
- Cost: $115.00
- Cancellation Policy can be viewed here.
- Continuing Education:
- Brighter Futures Counseling is an approved sponsor with The Kentucky Board of Social Work (Approval number KBSWSP 202306)
- Brighter Futures Counseling is an approved sponsor with The Kentucky Board of Licensure for Marriage and Family Therapists (Approved 02/17/2022)
- The Kentucky Board of Examiners of Psychology (Approval #: 202308O)
- Approved by Kentucky Board of Professional Counselors (09/15/23)