January 22nd, 2021
Tracy Turner-Bumberry, LPC, RPT-S, CAS, is a licensed professional counselor, a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, a certified AutPlay therapist/trainer, and a certified autism specialist. She is also the author of three books, focusing on Play Therapy. Tracy is the owner of Seva Counseling LLC, in Milledgeville GA where she is currently seeing clients both in person and virtually. She has over 20 years of experience working with children, adolescents, and young adults. She lives in Milledgeville, GA, with her husband, three rescue dogs, and bearded dragon.
Play Therapists around the world have discovered the need of being both competent and confident in virtual therapy. The COVID-19 pandemic has reminded us that virtual therapy is often needed and can be a beneficial way of engaging with clients. Children with ADHD, who often have goals which include self-regulation, can be a difficult population to treat virtually. In this fun and interactive training, Tracy Turner-Bumberry LPC, RPT-S, CAS will introduce ways to keep ADHD clients engaged and active participants in virtual therapy. Be prepared to sign off of this training with a tool-box of fun and effective ideas ready to be tried immediately!
- Participants will list ADHD descriptors noticeable during virtual Play Therapy sessions
- Participants will explain specific aspects of Executive Functioning which may affect exceptional virtual Play Therapy sessions
- Participants will design their own effective and fun Play Therapy based protocol for working virtually with their ADHD clients
- Participants will demonstrate five Play Therapy interventions for virtual therapy use
- Dates: January 22, 2021 (4 hours)
- Location: Live Webinar Via Zoom
- Time: The training will run from 10:00 AM EST until 3:00 PM EST (There will be an hour lunch break from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EST)
- Cost: $90.00
- Cancellation Policy can be viewed here.
- Continuing Education:
- Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for (4 hrs.) CONTACT CE Hours. (APT Approved Provider # 20-599)
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7035. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.