November 12th and 13th, 2020
**An Advanced Play Therapy Training**
John Paul Lilly MS, LCSW, RPT/S
John Paul “JP” Lilly is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, and Registered Play Therapist Supervisor in private practice in Provo, Utah. He has authored numerous clinical articles published in reputable journals, written chapters on theory and practice in several books, and taught Play Therapy at Brigham Young University for 18 years in the graduate schools of Clinical Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Social Work.
He is the Founder of Bikers Against Child Abuse (BACA), Inc., a 501-3 organization that provides volunteer aid, comfort, and support to abused children. JP served as a member of the International Board of Directors for more than twenty years for BACA. He is a past member of the Board of Directors for The Association for Play Therapy (1997-200), and is presently at the start of another term on the Board. He is recognized as an expert in the field of play therapy, specifically teaching and lecturing on Jungian Analytical Play Therapy nationally and internationally. He also provides supervision to other play therapists who desire to increase their proficiency within the field.
This workshop will teach participants the theoretical structure of Jungian Analytical Play Therapy (JAPT) on how to interpret children’s play. The participants will be introduced to a model for applying Jungian theory to play therapy with children. Two cases will be presented for analysis.
- Understand the Jungian Analytical theoretical position regarding the psyche of children.
- Understand the dynamic relationship between a child’s symptoms and the child’s reality.
- Understand how to view symbolic play in the context of the child’s reality, and how to formulate specific hypotheses regarding the dynamic nature of the child’s play to the specific issues with which the child is struggling.
- Understand how to respond to the child with a fuller understanding of the purpose of the child’s play, and the representation of his/her inner struggle.
- Dates: November 12th and 13th, 2020 (3 hours each day)
- Location: Live Webinar Via Zoom
- Time: The training will run from 9:00 AM EST until 12:15 PM EST both days.
- Cost: $125.00
- Cancellation Policy can be viewed here.
- Continuing Education:
- 6 Direct Play Therapy Training Contact Hours (APT Approved Provider # 20-599)
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7035. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.