October 15th and 16th, 2020
**This training is currently full–please email email@example.com if you would like to be added to the waitlist**
Dr. Garry Landreth, EdD, LPC, RPT-S, is internationally recognized for his writings and work in promoting the development of child-centered play therapy, is a Regents Professor Emeritus in the Department of Counseling and founder of the Center for Play Therapy at the University of North Texas. Dr. Landreth is a frequent speaker at play therapy conferences around the world. His more than 150 journal articles, books and DVDs include the 2019 2nd edition Child-Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT): An Evidence-Based 10-Session Filial Therapy Model and an accompanying 2019 2nd edition Child-Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT) Treatment Manual: An Evidence-Based 10-Session Filial Therapy Model. Dr. Landreth’s other recent publications include the 2014 DVD CPRT In Action: Four Couples In A CPRT Group and the 2012 3rd edition of the Taylor & Francis Best Seller Play Therapy: The Art of the Relationship. His CPRT Model received the 2010 Best Practices in Parent/Family Education Award. Dr. Landreth is Director Emeritus of the Association for Play Therapy (APT). He received the APT Lifetime Achievement Award, the APT Research Award, and the Virginia Axline Distinguished Professional Award for his work in conceptualizing and advancing the child-centered approach to play therapy.
He has received numerous professional honors:
- Meadows Honor Professor Award
- President’s Outstanding Professor Award
- Toulouse Scholar Award
- Regents Distinguished Professor Award
- American Association for Counseling and Development Humanitarian and Caring Person Award
- Virginia Axline Distinguished Professional Award
- Shelton Excellence in Teaching Award
- Texas Association for Play Therapy Distinguished Contribution Award
- University of North Texas President’s Award
- Association for Specialists in Group Work Research Award
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Counseling Vision and Innovation Award
This interactive and exploratory workshop will focus on a variety of seldom examined issues that emerge in play therapy relationships: play therapy as a process of living out beliefs about a child rather than applying techniques, methods or skills; the play therapist as a person of commitment and passion; expectancy versus expectations; intangibles that impact possibilities and progress in play therapy; understanding the sequence of inner emotional steps that precede behavioral change and returning responsibility to children.
In this workshop, a way of Being With a child will be explored that touches the inner person of the child that is waiting to come forth and be experienced. This workshop will challenge you to look within and to examine your core beliefs about children and the therapeutic process. Workshop activities will include experiential learning about yourself, videos of Dr. Landreth’s play therapy sessions, and the art expressions of a child who was dying.
- Dates: October 15th and 16th, 2020 (3 hours each day)
- Location: Live Webinar Via Zoom
- Time: The training will run from 10:00 AM EST until 1:15 PM EST both days.
- Cost: $150.00
- Cancellation Policy can be viewed here.
- Continuing Education:
- 6 Direct Play Therapy Training Contact Hours (APT Approved Provider # 20-599)
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7035. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.