2022 Dates To Be Announced Soon
C.J. Quick, LPCC-S, LMFT, RPT-S holds a Masters of Arts in Education with emphasis in Professional Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy. She has practiced as a mental health therapist for over 12 years and currently co-owns a private practice in Elizabethtown, Kentucky that specializes in working with children and families. Ms. Quick is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor-Supervisor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor. She specializes in working with children who have experienced trauma, children who have attachment concerns, and with families. She has worked with at risk children including over two years full time experience at a Children’s Crisis Unit working with children at risk of harming themselves or others. She has continued to work closely with community partners and schools to assess at risk children and adolescents and help coordinate care. Ms. Quick is also an autonomously licensed Batterer’s Intervention Provider who has worked extensively with perpetrators and victims of domestic violence as well as children who have been exposed to violence.
Ms. Quick presents locally and throughout the state on a multitude of child mental health topics including but not limited to: Early Childhood Mental Health, the Effects of Trauma on Brain Development, and Trauma Informed Education. She also provides Kentucky board approved trainings for mental health professionals on Understanding and Treating Suicide, Domestic Violence, and Laws and Ethics as they apply to Professional Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists.
“Professional Counseling Law and Ethics” will review Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS) and Kentucky Administrative Regulations (KAR) as they relate to the practice of Professional Counseling. In particular, participants will review and discuss KRS 335-500 through KRS 335-599 and 201 KAR Chapter 36. Additionally, participants will review and discuss the American Counseling Association (ACA) code of Ethics. Participants will further discuss specific vignettes that require practical and critical thinking as to how learned material applies in practice.
Participants will further develop a framework for ethical decision making including collaborating and consulting with other Professional Counselors.
- Dates Available: 2022 Dates to be announced soon
- Location: Webinar Via Zoom (In-Person once Pandemic Issues are Resolved)
- Webinar: Live Webinar via Zoom
- Time: The training will run from 1:00 PM EST until 4:15 PM EST.
- Cost: $50.00
- Cancellation Policy can be viewed here.
- Continuing Education:
- The Kentucky Board of Licensed Professional Counselors has approved this training.
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7035. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.