September 15, 2022
Jamie Lynn Langley, LCSW, RPT-S is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Registered Play Therapist -Supervisor, currently in private practice in Smyrna, TN. She has specialized in working with children, teens and families for over 30 years. Jamie co-founded the TN Assoc. for Play Therapy and serves as its president. She is also teaching faculty with Middle TN State University. Jamie has a passion for creativity and nature and integrates these personally and as well as professionally in her clinical work, including supervision, writing, training, teaching, and also for professional self-care. Puppets were some of Jamie’s favorite toys as a child and she delights in sharing their special qualities in play therapy.
Play therapy offers opportunities to explore creativity as part of the healing process. Creativity is an engaging practice in which all ages can participate and reap emotional and cognitive benefits. Utilizing varied expressive arts and materials, many types of creative play can be experienced in play therapy including imaginative play, projective play, messy play, constructive play, puppet play and more. Puppets are part of the magic of childhood and can be used creatively in play therapy both from making puppets to exploring difficult issues with them. In this presentation, participants will explore the restorative aspects of creativity and puppets in play therapy, both of which can be integrated within diverse theories and structures of play therapy, often as a prescriptive approach. Several therapeutic powers of play will be reviewed that can be elicited with puppets and creative play therapy experiences. Dress comfortably as this will be an interactive workshop in which participants will have several opportunities to be creative and play- and have fun while doing so!
- Date: Thursday September 15th, 2022
- Location: In-Person (Pritchard Community Center–404 S Mulberry St, Elizabethtown, KY 42701)
- Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST (6 Contact Hours)
- Cost: $140.00 (Pair with Friday September 16th–Nature Play Therapy and get both trainings for $265.00)
- Cancellation Policy can be viewed here.
- Continuing Education:
- APT Approved Provider # 20-599
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7035. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is an approved continuing education sponsor by the Kentucky Board of Marriage and Family Therapy (Approved 02/17/2022)