May 11, 2023
Tracy Turner-Bumberry, LPC, RPT-S, CAS Tracy is a Licensed Professional Counselor, a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, an Animal Assisted Play Therapist and a Certified Autism Specialist. She maintained a thriving private practice in Missouri from 2009-2019, then started a new private practice in 2019 upon moving to Milledgeville, Georgia.
Before private practice, Tracy was an elementary school counselor, focusing specifically on emotion regulation with students. She conducts play therapy workshops nationwide specializing in AutPlay® Therapy, Mindfulness in Play Therapy, Nature Play Therapy and Play Therapy with Emotion Regulation. In addition, she is a published author having written several books pertaining to play therapy including “2, 4, 6, 8 This is How We Regulate: 75 Play Therapy Activities to Increase Mindfulness in Children” (2018) and “Finding Meaning with Mandalas: A Therapist’s Guide to Creating Mandalas with Children” (2015). Tracy also co-authored “AutPlay® Therapy and Social Skills Groups” with Robert Jason Grant (2020).
- Are your clients having anger outbursts, meltdowns, crying spells or long, intense moments of hyperactivity? This is dysregulation, and it doesn’t feel good! We are seeing clients present with these concerns more than ever since the onset of the pandemic. Join Tracy Turner-Bumberry, LPC, RPT-S, in this Play Therapy training as she teaches participants play therapy interventions to help regulate clients with emotion dysregulation difficulties. Participants will practice techniques during this training to personally experience how to achieve calm, cool, and relaxed children and adolescents.
- Date: Thursday May 11th, 2023
- Location: In-Person (CENTRAL KENTUCKY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION COMMUNITY HALL at 200 JIM OWEN DR, ELIZABETHTOWN, KY 42701)
- Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST (6 Contact Hours)
- Cost: $135.00 (Pair with Friday May 12th–Finding Meaning with Mandalas: Mandala Creation in Play Therapy Sessions for $250 for both)
- Cancellation Policy can be viewed here.
- Continuing Education:
- APT Approved Provider # 20-599
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC has been approved by NBCC as an approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7035. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Brighter Futures Counseling, PLLC is an approved continuing education sponsor by the Kentucky Board of Marriage and Family Therapy (Approved 02/17/2022)